Ways to Give
Your contributions to LCBH ensure that hard working, low-income families have a safe and secure place to live. Donations to LCBH aid families facing homelessness by providing legal advocacy, representation in eviction and housing courts, and through supportive social services that help with emergency financial assistance like locating affordable housing, employment, and other appropriate services and programs.
During this past year LCBH provided various levels of service to 4,730 client families, and impacted many, many more.
In 2010, LCBH:
- directly represented 572 individual clients in court.
- worked with tenants in 33 buildings, improving conditions in 2,450 units of housing.
- worked in 40 buildings in various stages of foreclosure and held 43 tenant workshops or informational sessions with 719 tenants attending the sessions.
- counseled 218 individual tenants with foreclosure related issues and
- conducted 14 foreclosure workshops for attorneys, counselors and community organizers with a total of 358 attendees.
- provided non-litigation and brief services to 1,748 tenants having problems with their housing.
- conducted 89 group trainings in landlord/tenant issues and fair housing with 938 people attending the trainings.
- provided supportive services to 90 client families to access essential services and help stabilize their housing.
This was accomplished with the help of over 70 volunteers who donated over $1,500,000.00 in legal services.
Your donations go directly to our general fund or any program based on your designation. The Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing is a non profit, 501(c) (3) corporation. All donations to LCBH are tax deductible.
Make a secure online gift through our shop by clicking here or using the button to your right. LCBH will not share your personal information with any other organization or business.
Through the Mail
Please send your gift to:
Cheryl L. Lawrence
Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing
100 W. Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Employee Matching Gifts
You can double the impact of your contribution when your employer matches the amount of your gift. Contact your human resources manager to find out if your company or firm has a matching gift policy.