Join us for this community forum announcing the release of Lawyers' Committee for Better Housing's (LCBH) latest policy report. Our report analyzes 170,000 eviction filings in Chicago from 2010 through 2017 and finds troubling disparities in the number and distribution of evictions.
George N. Miller, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer for The Loretto Hospital
Presentation of data portal & report
Mark Swartz, Executive Director, LCBH
- Moderator: Deborah E. Bennett, Senior Program Officer, Polk Bros. Foundation
- Peter Rosenblatt, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Sociology, Loyola University Chicago
- Anthony Simpkins, Managing Deputy Commissioner, Housing Bureau, Chicago Department of Planning and Development
- Taft West, Vice President, Chicago Community Loan Fund
- Frank Avellone, Senior Attorney and Policy Director, LCBH
Audience Q & A
Thu, May 16th, 2019
10AM – 12PM
Austin Town Hall
5610 West Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60644
Austin Town Hall is steps from the CTA Green Line’s Central stop. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
This event is free and open to the public. Pre-registration is required and space is limited.