Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing the Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing’s (LCBH) web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site terms and conditions of use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
The materials on LCBH’s web site are provided “as is.” LCBH makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, LCBH does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
No Legal Advice Intended
This website includes information about legal issues and legal developments and are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. The information presented is not intended, and should not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You should contact an attorney for advice on how the law applies to your situation. Statements are subject to change based upon further reflection or on future changes in the law and are not intended as legal advice. Questions received are considered only as hypothetical and should not be intended as legal advice. Such opinions and analyses are not a substitute for your own independent legal research.
In no event shall LCBH or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on LCBH’s Internet site, even if LCBH or a LCBH authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on LCBH’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. LCBH does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. LCBH may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. LCBH does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
LCBH has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by LCBH of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Terms and Conditions of Use Modifications
LCBH may revise these terms and conditions of use for its web site at any time without notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Any claim relating to LCBH’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Additionally, we follow the Chicago Standard HMIS Privacy Posting for our clients being served by our Supportive Services program. Download posting here.